Orange and Chatham Counties offer a wide assortment of dining options from familiar chain restaurants to local favorites.
Here are some of our best!
- 411 West Italian Café in downtown Chapel Hill.
- The Oakleaf in Pittsboro with farm to table fare.
- The Eddy Pub in Saxapahaw.
- Panciuto in Hillsborough with a high-end menu that can change daily.
- The Fearrington House Restaurant which is the only five-star dining in our area, located in the delightful Fearrington Village.
- The Hillsborough BBQ Company serves delicious pit-cooked BBQ.
- The Top of the Hill in downtown Chapel Hill is a local hotspot for people watching, food, and their own distillery.
Orange and Chatham Counties offer many shopping conveniences with a Whole Foods, and Trader Joe’s located in Chapel Hill. Carrboro is home to Weaver Street Market, a modern cooperative grocery store with satellite stores in Southern Village and Hillsborough. They also own a food production facility in Hillsborough where their famous bread and pastries are made.
High-end local art can be purchased in galleries such as the Sovero Art Gallery in Hillsborough and the Frank Gallery in Chapel Hill, and the North Carolina Crafts Gallery in Carrboro.
Chapel Hill is home to a theatrical and performance force in the Carolina Performing Arts and Playmakers Repertory Company. Playmakers Repertory Company presents first class theatre in an intimate setting right on campus where they also foster student performances. The Carolina Performing Arts brings international and local talent to Memorial Hall in downtown Chapel Hill showcasing Roots, Jazz, and Classical music and modern dance.
The Silver Spot in Chapel Hill provides a restaurant, bar and first run movies all in one great location. Throughout the year they also play old favorite like Ferris Buehler’s Day Off on the big screen.
Every spring in late April local farmers and producers allow visitors to tour their land and facilities. You can visit vegetable and flower farms, herb farms, the Celebrity Dairy goat farm, the Maple View Dairy, and Latta Egg Ranch. It’s a great way to get to know your local farmer.
Cat’s Cradle in the heart of Carrboro is an intimate rocking venue for established and up and coming bands. Over the years they have showcased a diverse group of musicians such as Nirvana, the Sex Pistols, Sonic Youth, John Mayer, Joan Baez, the Squirrel Nut Zippers, KD Lang, and Iggy Pop.